The SDÉ supports entrepreneurs who are newcomers to Canada, but we also support employers in their search for bilingual skilled employees.
To date, the SDÉ has assisted a large number of businesses with a variety of human resources requirements. If you are a business seeking bilingual skilled employees, please contact us.
I am looking for a job
What is Career Focus?
The SDÉ is managing a Career Focus pilot program funded by Service Canada, a Government of Canada agency. This program is designed to support young graduates during the transition period following graduation towards full employment by providing matching opportunities.
How to determine your eligibility
- You are a college or university graduate between the ages of 18 and 30.
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or have a refuge status in Canada.
- You have a working proficiency in French en English (no specific level required).
- You are not claiming Employment Insurance.
- You live or would like to live in Greater Vancouver .
- You are ready to work.
How does it work?
- Contact us by Email or phone us at (604)732-3534 ext. 376 to assess your eligibility
- Submit the required information online using our custom system
- Fill in your profile on the online platform
- Apply to listed positions
- Go through an interview process
- Start your internship!
I am an employer
What is Career Focus?
Career Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth to make more informed career decisions and develop their skills. Through this program, you can obtain a wage subsidy for a period of 20 weeks to support your human resource needs. This program is funded by Service Canada, an Agency of the Government of Canada.
How does it work?
- Contact us by Email or by phone at (604)732-3534 ext. 376 to discuss your needs as well as our priority employment sectors.
- Create your account by clicking on “Create your account” below.
- Create your profile to submit your job postings.
- Search the database of qualified candidates.
- Interview interesting candidates for your company.
- Hire new candidates and start receiving your wage subsidy!
- The priority areas of employment are: Project Management, Communications & Marketing, Finance & Administration, Information Technologies & and Healthcare
Hands On! Generation to Generation is a FREE program that offers a combination of PAID WORK for interns and TRAINING at no cost to the business over a maximum of 20-weeks period.
This is a new program launched in October 2016. Only five positions are available through this program for its first edition.
For more information about the program or to start your registration process, click here
Benefits for Business
- Access a pool of keen and interested employees
- Get an opportunity to train and retain new skilled employees
- Get a recruitment support through the program
- Create required linkages to complementary specialized or mandatory training for new staff
- Obtain support to develop a human resource strategy tailored to your business
Benefits for Interns
- Participate in a paid internship program
- Obtain professional certifications relevant to the industry and career development
- Gain work experience alongside passionate entrepreneurs in a local small business keen to recruit, train & hire young workers
- Increase employment appeal for your next career move
Special Project: Partnership with Young Canada Works 2016
The SDÉ negotiated a partnership with Young Canada Works, in collaboration with the Conseil de développement économique de l’Alberta (CDÉA) and with Charlevoix County in Quebec, to provide an opportunity for three (3) employers in British Columbia’s eco-tourism industry to hire young people looking for experience with their companies.
If you would like to know more about this program, please contact us!
Are you interested in British Columbia? Our online magazine, DOSSIER, will help you learn about the priority economic sectors of the province, and will also provide you with testimonials from Francophone newcomers to B.C.!