SDÉ administers various programs to support British Columbia’s economic development through traditional crafts and agri-food processing.
Hands On! Generation to Generation is a FREE program that offers a combination of PAID WORK for interns and TRAINING at no cost to the business over a maximum of 20-weeks period.
This is a new program launched in October 2016. Only five positions are available through this program for its first edition. There is still time to apply – all placements must begin before June 15, 2017.
For more information about the program or to start your registration process, click here
Benefits for Business
- Access a pool of keen and interested employees
- Get an opportunity to train and retain new skilled employees
- Get a recruitment support through the program
- Create required linkages to complementary specialized or mandatory training for new staff
- Obtain support to develop a human resource strategy tailored to your business
Benefits for Interns
- Participate in a paid internship program
- Obtain professional certifications relevant to the industry and career development
- Gain work experience alongside passionate entrepreneurs in a local small business keen to recruit, train & hire young workers
- Increase employment appeal for your next career move
The ÉCONOMUSÉE® British Columbia Artisans at Work initiative promotes authentic and traditional artisan trades as viable economic opportunities that contribute to regional economic development, sustainable communities, agrifood and cultural tourism.
The ÉCONOMUSÉE® trademark is an internationally recognized brand that represents a global network of artisans who open their workshops to the public.
To know more about the network and our members, please visit our website bc.economusee.com
Is it for you?
Are you an artisan who creates authentic handcrafted products? Do you want to welcome visitors into your workshop and the knowledge and tradition of your craft? Do you make innovative contributions to your trade? Would you like to transform your business into something more?
ÉCONOMUSÉE® Artisans at Work presents you with an opportunity to be part of an international network of like-minded artisan-entrepreneurs and share in marketing initiatives, tourism campaigns and events.