At Société Développement Économique de la Colombie-britannique, we are committed to protecting the privacy of all the personal information. Therefore, we have established this Statement of Privacy Principles to govern how we collect, use, retain and disclose personal information. In handling customer and employee personal information, we abide by the following principles:
Information we collect
- We collect personal information in compliance with applicable laws and ethical business practices, in order to provide services and to conduct business. We limit the information we collect to that which is necessary for, or related to, these purposes.
- For online visitors, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the type of operating systems, the time and duration of your visit to our sites and the web pages you visit within our sites in order to track usage and improve our websites and to improve your experience.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding our free services.
Links to other websites
Some of our websites may contain links to other websites that are not affiliated with us. We do not monitor nor maintain the privacy practices of these websites, and do not have authority over them. We do not assume any responsibility for their privacy policies and procedures.
- We may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, other purposes you consent to, or as required or permitted by law.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected or as required or permitted by law.
- We aim to keep our records of your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is used.
It’s your choice
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set.
220-155 7E Avenue Quest
Vancouver, C.B. V6J 1S1